Our learning this week will include:
- In literacy we will be innovating our story, ‘A New Home for a Pirate’; changing details and making it our own.
- In maths today we continued to use the language of ‘more than’, ‘less than’, ‘fewer’, ‘least’, ‘most’ and ‘equal to’. We have found some of these words a bit tricky to understand and use correctly, so any use of them at home would be a great help, especially talk of people having a particular amount more or less of something than someone else.
- We will be moving on in maths this week to beginning to count in 2s, 5s, and 10s.
- In ICT we will be looking a bit more closely at keys on the computer keyboard and their function. Perhaps you could ask your child what a particular button does? Or if they can find the keys required to write their name (can they remember the capital letter too?).
- In science we will be comparing the properties of materials.
- Our RE and PE will be linked this week, as we will practise some traditional Indian dancing, like the dancing that takes places during the Hindu festival of Holi.
- In history we will be learning about some famous pirates and writing character descriptions for them. I’m sure the children will love to share with you the facts that they learn about these pirates!
- We will of course also be continuing to prepare for our Christmas play. The children have now been assigned roles and we will be sending a letter regarding parts and costumes within the next few days.